Important Burning Instructions:
• When burning your soy candle for the first time, it is important to allow the candle to burn until the melted wax reaches all the way to the edges of the glass. Soy wax has a "memory" and by doing this on your initial burn it will help to avoid the candle from "tunneling" down the center of the container.
• Trim your wicks! (This step is very important if you want to lengthen the life of your candle) Keep wick trimmed to 1/4" to ensure you get the longest burn time possible. This will also prevent smoking and soot.
• Always make sure there is no leftover wick trimmings, or debris on wax before lighting!
• Our recommended burn time is no more than 3-4 hours at a time.
• Never leave a burning candle unattended! Make sure you are around to cozy up and keep an eye on your candle.
• If your flame becomes too large, extinguish flame, let cool, trim the wick to 1/4", and then re-light.
• Keep candle away from drafts
• Keep out of reach of children and animals and keep away from flammables
• After you are finished burning your candle, simply wash out the jar with soap and water and reuse!
Wood Wick Candle Care:
(Same instructions as above apply, but there's a few things to keep in mind...)
• When lighting wood wick for the first time, make sure to hold the flame against the entire width of the wick(this can take about 10 seconds) until all of the wick catches the flame.
• It's important to make sure wood wick is trimmed before each lighting. Wood wicks can be finicky if they aren't trimmed and it may be harder to relight. You can use a wick trimmer OR simply use your fingers to pinch off the ash portion of the wick. It comes off very easy!
• Always make sure there is no leftover ash, wick trimmings, or debris on wax before lighting! • If your wood wick won't stay lit it's probably because the wick is too long. Trim back and try again. LIGHT, ENJOY, & GET COZY